Opening a PSN account might be a bit easier compared to deleting one. The process followed when opening a Playstation Network account is very simple compared to deleting it. However, this doesn’t mean that it is not doable.
also check this guide to get free psn codes
Before we get down to the process of deleting your account, it is important to give a simple definition of what a PSN account is and why you need one as a gamer. We also need to look at the consequences of deleting an account.
What is a PSN account?
A PSN account (PlayStation Network) is an online media and gaming content distribution service. PSN was originally created by Sony Corporation with a single purpose of supporting their PlayStation 3 (PS3) game console.
With time, Sony Corporation has also been able to expand their PSN services to support PlayStation 4 (PS4), streaming of video and music content as well as other Sony devices. PSN is owned and operated by SNEI (Sony Network Entertainment Network).
Reviewing the consequences of deleting an account
Before you delete a PSN account, it is important to remember that this cannot be redone. Once you delete an account, the following will happen:
- Your online ID cannot be used to create another PSN account.
- All your subscriptions will be terminated.
- If you had made any purchases, you will lose it all. This is because, once you make a transaction, it cannot be transferred to another account.
- Last but not least, you will lose all your remaining funds in the PSN wallet.
- Gather all your account information
Although it was easy to create an account, deleting it requires some cooperation with someone working at Sony. For them to be able to delete the account, you will need to feed them with some information which include:
- Your sign-in ID (email address).
- Your PSN Online ID.
- Any security information for protecting your account.
- 2. Contact Sony Playstation support
There are a number of options of contacting the Sony PlayStation support depending on where you are located. You can either use the chat support by visiting their Sony Live Chat request site. Once you login to their website, select PSN Account Help then select Contact Us.
Alternatively, you can contact them by calling them through their support number. Doing a web search will give you the right phone number for your region.
- Request the support agent to delete your account
Before the agent personnel agrees to delete your account, he/she will ask you a few security questions just to be sure you are the real owner of the account.